Saturday, February 2, 2008

This Week on Webkinz.com

The cold that struck me last month is still lingering. At first it entererd my head and I felt extremely tired. Then it went into my chest and it was determined to stay there and it even affected my voice. Right now I'm almost at the end of the second week of this extended cold hell and I'm at the point where I have partially regained my voice and I have cut way back on coughing. Every day I make a little bit more progress but my biggest enemy is fatigue. I'm glad that this cold is waning on its own because, at one point, I thought about going to the doctor. But just when my husband and I discussed the doctor, I started to feel better.


In any case, I was too sick to visit Webkinz.com until today so I missed that Winter Festival entirely, which ended yesterday. (Based on what I read on Webkinz Insider, that festival was similar to the Goo-Goo Berry Festival where random snowflakes would cascade down the screen and if you clicked on one, you got a prize of some sort for your pet.)


So today was the day that I made my one and only visit that week. I noticed that the main page of Webkinz.com has changed again (which is just as well since Christmas is long over).



Since I still felt tired from my recent illness, I decided not to push my luck too much and spend a lot of time on that site. Several weeks ago I got some tips from the Webkinz Insider forum on what to do if you want to earn Kinz Cash quickly but don't have a lot of time to spend on Webkinz.com. I finally decided to follow that advice.


I checked out the Wishing Well for the very first time. It's pretty cute. As I looked down into the Wishing Well, I kept on thinking about the first musical number in Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs where Snow White kept on singing "I'm Wishing" into this well and she would hear her echo in the well.





Basically I made a wish by pressing the "Make A Wish" button and I got random prizes. I won some Kinz Cash, which was pretty cool. (I ultimately won 50 Kinz Cash.) I was only entitled to five wishes per day but at least I got some money out of it.




I checked out the Wheel of Wow as well. I won 20 Kinz Cash spinning that wheel (which I can only do once a day), which was okay.



I also decided to try my hand at Wacky's Bingoz. I picked the 3 ball game version where I was entitled to just three balls. I only got one match out of the three.



Once I went through the three balls, that was it. I would have to wait another day to see if my game further progressed, which is kind of lame. I mean, I've played Bingo in real life and the game just continues until someone in the room yells "BINGO!" and the game judges verify that Bingo. You're not limited to just three balls then told to come back tomorrow to continue.


I also completed a job at the Employment Agency but, for once, it was something other than putting burgers together. The burger job wasn't available so I decided to work in the doctor's office where I had to match the right course of treatment to the right affliction each patient was suffering. (It was an ice pack for a bump on the head, a bandage for a scrape on a limb, and cold medicine for a red nose.) I successfully completed that job with no trouble at all.


I gave the Kinzville Academy another shot. I found that if I get Magic to complete the same classes five times in a row, that little unicorn will eventually earn badges. So I took the same classes, which had the same games as before and I passed them all.


I also decided to enroll Floyd as well since I wanted him to be as educated as Magic and I really don't want to show any favoritism towards any of my pets. So I enrolled him in a painting class and a weight training class and he passed them both real easily.


At that point I began to grow tired from my illness so I cut my visit short. Well, there's always next week where I'll feel better (I hope).

No comments: