Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day on Webkinz.com

Okay, I'll admit that I was curious as to what kind of Christmas present Santa Kinz had left for my Magic so this morning, after my husband and I exchanged our own presents, I logged on to Webkinz.com only to see this message at the top of the homepage:



Webkinz World is currently experiencing a large volume of traffic. We are working hard to accommodate the load.



Maybe Ganz should've thought about this possible complication before it started to encourage members on the main news page to visit Webkinz.com on Christmas Day to see what Santa Kinz has left each and every pet. In any case, the website has become overloaded.


I decided not to log in this morning due to that warning message. This evening I decided to give Webkinz.com another try and found that the message was still at the top of the homepage. This time I decided to disregard the warning and tried to log in anyway. I waited at least 15 minutes and I didn't get anywhere. Between the large volume of traffic and the fact that I attempted to log in from a dial-up Internet account, it was pretty much impossible to log in.


I can't wait for the laptop to get out of the repair shop so I can go back to the nearby wireless coffeehouse and take a look at that site. In any case, this entry will be my last blog entry until the laptop returns from the repair shop.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Everybody!

No comments: