Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Day Two on Webkinz.com

Yesterday I went to another local coffeehouse for high-speed wireless. I had less time than the day before so, while I managed to remember to bring that Webkinz bookmark with me this time, I wasn't able to find where I could input that included code where I could get some more goodies for Magic. So I guess that bookmark will have to wait a little while longer.


I saw on the News screen that the new Webkinz Pet of the Month is a chihuahua. Apparently if you purchase a Webkinz chihuahua during the month of December and register that pet online, you'll have even more Webkinz cash. In addition, I went to the arcade where I saw that a game featuring the chihuahua, "Candy Bash 2", was noted as "Game of the Day". If I play that game, I would earn 25% more cash. I decided to go for it.




It was basically a shooting game where you play a chihuahua shooting tacos at piñatas falling down from the sky. If you hit a piñata, a treat pops out and you have to catch the treat for points. The more points you get, the more Webkinz cash you earn. It was a pretty cute game that got kind of repetitious after a while. But I managed to earn some money.


I also played another round of "Stack'Em Solitaire" for even more Webkinz cash. Once I was done, I did some shopping. I purchased this really cute fantasy wallpaper and flooring for Magic's room because I thought it would be appropriate for a unicorn. When I got to Magic's room, I found that her room already had a new look that was far better than the plain room she had before.


I saw a wrapped gift in the "My Stuff" list and I realized that I had forgotten to open it. So I clicked and slowly dragged the wrapped gift to Magic's room where it popped open and I got this screen:



The only problem was that I had already purchased a bed for Magic. This Magical Meadow Bed looked far nicer than the plain yet colorful bed that I had already purchased. I poked around the shopping mall and I found that I could always put things up for sale so I sold the bed that I purchased yesterday (I got my Webkinz money back, yay!) and replaced it with the Magical Meadow Bed.


I also purchased a bathtub for my pet mainly because the online Webkinz instruction book said that Webkinz love to take baths. I ran out of time before I was able to install the bathtub in Magic's room so that is going to have to wait for another day.


I noticed that the site has ads but they are either ads for Webkinz products that you can buy in the real world (such as Webkinz backpacks) or are ads for other parts of the Webkinz.com site. I became intrigued by an ad for the Magical Charm Forest. So I clicked on it only to encounter the entrance screen with this warning:



I don't have any Webkinz Charms so I was out of luck. I did notice this subliminal hint regarding these Webkinz Charms at the bottom of the screen:



I was starting to have my misgivings about the whole Webkinz.com experience because I really didn't like having to go back to the store to purchase Webkinz stuff just so I can see another part of Webkinz.com.


I went back to Magic's room, where I decided to try talking to my pet. Speaking to your pet is done by clicking on the "Speak" button at the top of the screen and selecting one of the available questions. I selected "How are you doing?"



Here's Magic's reply:



I felt my misgivings regarding Webkinz.com melt away when Magic said that. She is really such an adorable pet. Before I logged off for the day, I selected the "Walk" button, and clicked on the bed. Magic went to sleep immediately.




Magic's room is a definite improvement over yesterday but it still needs more furniture. And I have to get around to installing that bathtub.

No comments: